Annual Activities Reports
The specific activities that Youth Care Projects has carried out so far include but not limited to the following:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health enlightenment programme involving men, women, and young people in over faith-based organizations in Ikeja, Oshodi/Isolo, Kosofe and Surulere LGAs.
- Establishment of two youth friendly centers with recreational facilities and clinic service in two LGAs (Akoko North West and Akoko South West) Ondo State.
- Organization of training for Healthcare Providers from 13 primary Health care facilities of adolescent sexual and reproductive health information and services.
- Establishment of two grass root groups known as stakeholders’ committee and youth advisory committee to ensure programme sustainability and ownership
- Organized training programme for 60 PTA members from seven schools to increase their capacity to provide technical assistance to trained paired peer health educators in the schools and community
- Conduct training for 182 peer health educators.
- Scaled up programme implementations in Akoko Southwest LGA, Ondo state(with LGA donating the site project).
- Organized an exchange programme between Youth Care Projects and Voluntary Services Overseas(VSO).
- Provide family life education sessions for youth aged 13 to 24 at the Youth Care Projects youth center in Ondo state while over 5000 made use of the recreational facilities at the center.
- Conducted outreach education sessions for 1,785 grass root people in Ondo State with information on health and family life issues. Provide treatment/counseling and referral service for 905 members of the community at the youth friendly clinic
Click below to view the annual activities report provided by the Executive Director.